Christmas is fast approaching, and now is the time to look at refrigerator maintenance to keep food cold and safe. With high demand and the need for quick service, you want to be sure that your cooling facilities are in good order. Any risk to your cooling equipment could harm your reputation and your customers. That said, there are ways to make sure your equipment, food and customers are all safe during this period. Here are some important issues to think on so you can make sure your equipment runs at its best.
Risks to Your Cooling Equipment
Due to high demand, your equipment will be running at high capacity. Problems can occur in these areas:
- Perhaps your cooling equipment is not up to the task. This will drive up fuel costs and may lead to food spoilage.
- Poor storage methods may lead to hygiene and cross-contamination issues. This can prove a high risk to the health of your customers, as well as causing food to be wasted.
- When demand is high you need equipment that can store a large amount of food. Without enough storage space you will not be able to keep enough food safely. In turn, you will be unable to meet your customers’ needs.
- Running at high capacity means that your cooling equipment is at greater risk of breaking down. This can lead to loss of business and spoiled food.
You can minimise these risks by carrying out regular refrigerator maintenance. That said, there are ways you can make sure your facilities will keep running throughout the festive period.
Solutions for Keeping Your Equipment Running
You can make sure your equipment keeps running through the festive period by:
- Ensuring equipment is cleaned regularly to maintain good hygiene.
- Regularly rotate your stock by moving older unexpired food to the front.
- Keeping food separate to make sure cross-contamination does not occur.
- Making sure you have enough capacity to keep large amounts of food. This can be done through hiring or purchasing extra cold storage units.
- Using blast freezers to freeze a large amount of food quickly and efficiently.
- Having a quick thaw unit (QTU) on hand for a fast defrost without losing quality.
- Making sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions on correct use.
- Regularly carrying out cooling equipment maintenance to keep facilities in top working order.
- Having a 24-hour maintenance and repair service on hand in case of breakdowns.
With all this in mind, it makes sense to have a refrigerator maintenance service that can provide expert help when needed.
Why Use Welch Refrigeration for Refrigerator Maintenance?
Since 1998, Welch Refrigeration has provided air conditioning, heating and refrigerator maintenance to customers in Suffolk and the UK. As leaders in the industry, our experienced and qualified team are on hand to help with any cooling equipment maintenance you need. For more details on our chiller maintenance and air conditioning services, please get in touch. Make sure your cooling facilities keep running over the festive period with Welch Refrigeration.